Melamine dinnerware is bpa-free, w durable organic shape and texture. Perfect for outdoor or casual meals.
“do”s and “don’t”s of caring for melamine
- Do use soft sponges when you clean your melamine dishes by hand.
- Do put melamine plates in your dishwasher if you want—they’re dishwasher-safe! However, be aware that the dishwasher can fade your dinnerware’s colors somewhat.
- Do inspect your dishes every so often and throw away any cracked, warped, or melted plates.
- Do pre-soak your dinnerware if you have stuck-on food or a particularly stubborn stain.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaning tools like steel wool on melamine, because they can scratch and cause wear.
- Don’t use serrated knives or other sharp utensils, because they can nick the surface of the plate.
- Don’t put melamine in a microwave oven. Its high temperatures can cause your dishes to warp or melt.
- Don’t put melamine dishes in a conventional or convection oven, either.
Melamine dish sets are easy to care for because it’s lightweight and more durable than porcelain, Melamine is a long-time favorite for dinnerware. Now that you know how simple it is to car for, you can enjoy your Melamine dinnerware for a long time to come.
Do Not microwave.